Top-Rated Recipes

If you want recipes that are sure to be a hit, look no further! The recipes on this site are ones that I have made again and again for my family.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Waffles for Breakfast

I was in the mood for homemade waffles this morning and have been using this recipe I found a while ago.  I seriously love these waffles--and the title is so fitting--Waffle of Insane Greatness found on the Food Network's website.  Here is the recipe (and I always double it for our family of four):

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Butter and syrup, for serving

Directions

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix well. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
Preheat a waffle iron. This recipe says not use non-stick spray on the waffle iron because the oil in the batter will allow the waffle to release easily; however, mine crumbled so I use non-stick spray. Follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles. Serve immediately with butter and syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment