Top-Rated Recipes

If you want recipes that are sure to be a hit, look no further! The recipes on this site are ones that I have made again and again for my family.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Planning a First Birthday Party

I can't believe how fast time flies--at this time last year, I was preparing for the arrival of our second son.  Now he's turning one and I need to plan his first birthday party! I am a December baby so I've always wanted my kids to be born in the summer.  Mikey was born in June, but Cohen was born November 4th.  As much as I wanted my kids to have summer birthdays, I am so excited to plan the menu for this party.  Fall is my favorite season--I love everything about fall especially the food that comes along with it!  The theme for his party is "Little Monsters" so I have scoured the Internet and Pinterest to find the cutest monster ideas.  It's exciting to plan the theme, but the menu is also fun to plan.  We are having soups, salads and baked potatoes--my favorite fall comfort foods!  A friend of mine pinned a recipe for Crock pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili, which we tried last week and it was pretty tasty so it'll definitely be on the menu!  I love this recipe because it had great flavor and was super easy to make.

Just throw the following things in your crock pot:
2 chicken breasts
1 can of undrained corn
1 can of rotel tomatoes
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 package of dry ranch dressing mix
1 Tablespoon of Cumin
1 teaspoon of Chili Powder (I added about a Tablespoon when I made my version)
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese

Mix it all up and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment